Day Six: The Vacation Finale

Boooo, Saturday came entirely too soon.

We were up at 9am to shower and pack before check-out time. Had to make sure the kids don’t forget anything in drawers, closets or under bed. I really will miss the hotel room (including that wonderful jacuzzi tub!!) and the time spent away from Lakeland. In a few days we’ll have to go back to our jobs and the daily grind, and every part of me is screaming, “I don’t wanna!”

I’m glad Rich and I were able to sleep in a little. Getting up at 6:30am, I’m convinced, would of killed me. It wasn’t due to my drinking the night before (I went easy), but I’m not used to all this physical labor. I sit on my ass behind a desk everyday at work, and well…what spare time I have I reserve for reading. As it was, I could function with some dirty water. We hastily gathered our belongings and the billion other items that we picked up during our vacation, then headed to Cracker Barrel for one last breakfast with the family. This morning it was down to the four of us and my parental-in-laws. I’m not sure what it was about this Cracker Barrel, but we had three servers all vying to fill our coffee cups before we could empty them, and for that reason alone I can’t complain. Keep it coming!

My father and mother-in-law started the journey back to Lakeland after breakfast, and since Rich has promised RickyJr we would ride go-karts while we were in the area, we headed to Old Town.

The Fun Spot in Old Town is expensive, and it’s pretty easy to spend $40 right off the bat, but we had a good time. The boys were able to drive go-karts despite the drizzle, and both kids got their fill of rides and games while we were there. It was super hot amidst all the concrete under the nasty Yellow Face. I’ve had enough sun to last me until next summer now, thankyouverymuch. We refreshed with the small glass bottles of Pepsi you can get from the General Store on the strip after hitting up the arcade, and then it was time to head back to our humble Lakeland.

I’m glad we are home now, despite the great week. We were relieved to find our house still in one piece, and I am grateful that I had cleaned the Saturday before our trip so there wasn’t too much to do other than unpack and do laundry. We grabbed a pizza for dinner (diet? what diet?) and after the kids were sent to bed, we caught Prime Time Geek live and just chilled, as we are prone to do on a Saturday night.

All in all, it was a fantastic family vacation. I sincerely hope we can do it again in the future. I don’t know about you, but I’m going to enjoy my Sunday before I have to put on my ‘responsible adult’ hat again. I hope you guys enjoyed the blog posts and I will make sure there are pictures up on my Facebook account for those who are interested.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s